Saturday October 6, 2018

Psalm 62:8 “Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.”

We woke up this morning to find that David has not gotten any better and that his top lip is swollen. We gave him another does of the Zyrtec and ibuprofen and then headed out to the Old City where we viewed two temples and did some shopping. It was a lot of fun to walk and shop in the middle of this city. It is all so different from the US and Germany. We walked through Wat Chiang Man and Wat Phra Sing, both were absolutely amazing though I think the latter was more serene. David was such a trooper. He said that he felt okay but was just really tired. We decided to cut the shopping short and to get the kids back to the hotel where they could chill and watch a movie. 

Here are some pictures of the temples and the town of Chiang Mai.

We have been doing a ton of traveling and have been on the go so much recently, the kids were really needing just chill time. So we dropped them off at the hotel and Jeff and I headed off to the mall here in Chiang Mai. We needed a few things that we were not able to find in the shops along the streets; we were gone about 90 minutes total and when we got back we all got ready and we headed out for dinner.

At the recommendation of the concierge at the hotel, we ate at The River Market Restaurant, which is beautifully situated right on the Ping River. It was a beautiful restaurant, great food, and stunning views. The kids were all well-behaved and it was probably the most relaxing dinner we have had in a while. It was perfect.

We walked back to the hotel while I was able to visit with my mom on the phone, it was a great evening. We got back to the hotel and had all the kids shower and rinse off before heading to bed.

David’s hives were no longer on his head or chest/back and had now moved to his torso and legs. While he is not better, per say, we saw this as an improvement, as they seem to be moving through his body, which tells us that it is likely a viral infection and not an allergic reaction. Our biggest fear was that he was having an allergic reaction to something in the food, since everything started after the food on the airplane to Bangkok. But, for now, all seems to be good. We got the kids to bed and then packed up for our early morning tomorrow, as we had to catch a 9:00 bus to meet up with our host family.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s